- me and whitty took another run at the weir today. it was sill cool so there wasn't too many folks down there. i did see a few dogs but some people wouldn't let them come over to play with me. there was a couple that did let me get close enough to play. some people see me and think i might get in a fight with their dog, but all i want to do is play.
- we go to the weir quite a bit so i need to talk whitty into going somewhere else. maybe i should try to convince him to go back to the top of the dam or go back to steele creek. we only went to steele creek once so i would like to go back there again if i can talk him into it. i'm getting bored with the weir unless whitty rides his bike down there. then we get to go all the way around the island and get to see more than just the concrete path.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
- there was a cold wind blowing today. the temperature wasn't that cold but when out in the wind it sure felt like it. whitty wished he had brought his jacket but after a few times across the bridge and back we started to warm up. we stayed a little over an hour at the weir.
- although there wasn't very many people at the weir i did get to play with several other dogs. we could tell when we first got there that their was not too many cars in the parking lot to start with. a few showed up others after we did. a few brought a dog or two with them.
- the siren went off that warns about the river starting to generate. we were close to it and it makes my ears hurt. whitty says that's the only time i howl but he would howl too if he had as good of hearing as i do. i don't really have to be that close when it goes off. it blows twice before the water starts to rise and the first one last about twice as long as the second. they are about 10 minuets apart. it takes about 20 minuets till the water comes from the dam and starts to over flow the weir.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
- wow it was the most crowded we ever seen at the weir today. we couldn't even find a parking spot. we drove through the parking lot twice and had to park along the roadside. it made getting around a bit difficult, having to weave in and out between people. i didn't care that much me and whitty still had fun as we usually do.
- we got there earlier than usual so we didn't see of our regular buddies. although we met some new guys while skating. most of them were friendly, but there was a few that wasn't as friendly as the others.
- we got pretty hot from exercising so i just ploped myself down in the river to cool off. the water was so cold it didn't take long to cool down. then again it don't warm up that much even in the middle of summer.