- me and whitty stopped by the weir yesterday and saw a group of school kids running around the island. they looked like they were training for track. we were about to take a curve quite quickly and allmost wiped out a couple of runners in the process. as we started to make the turn two runners came out of the woods from the left. with me running whitty has to swing wide on his skates to make the turn. whitty saw them and cut through the grass to slow down.
- the kids thought they had cut us off but the woods blocked the veiw. no one had good line of sight. so no blood no fowl. as soon as they went by we made the turn just fine. they ask if we were o.k. but nothing happened. we were all right.
- the sun was out when we arrived at the weir but soon after it started to cloud up. it kind of looked like rain clouds. it had cooled off from the day before. me and whitty decided to go ahead skate any way. as we left it did start to sprinkle a bit. shortly after we got home it had quit. there wasn't enough rain to even get the ground wet.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Sunday, September 6, 2009
- me and whitty went to the south holston dam for a run. we went up around by the picnic area then across the dam and circled by the picnic area again. nobody had their dogs out while we were there. several people did stop us to comment on us skating.
- one police officer was there, he stopped and said he didn't think he was coordinated enough to try what we were doing. whitty says you have to be a little crazy to even try it. the police officer just smiled and laughed.
- a lot of people were out on the lake this weekend. we even seen a boat near the dam with flags signaling divers in the area. we didn't see anyone diving but we were just going by. we didn't stop to watch. we saw some people on floats behind some of the boats. the water seemed a little choppy from where we were.
- we left the dam and whitty stopped by the weir to let me get a drink from the river. we did a couple quick passes to the island and back since we stopped any way. whitty took me by the river one last time for a drink. we decided we had enough and headed back home.